Hello there allies, archenemies, and everyone in between! It’s high time that I officially join in the #YARC2019. It’s actually thanks to Shealea, a fellow Filipina book blogger that inspired me to start blogging in the first place. Because of her and other feisty Filipina books bloggers, I realized I should also gravitate towards diverse literature.
Basically, the goal is to read as many Asian books by Asian authors. What’s more, is that we could get our lil cute badges!!! I MEAN LOOK AT THEM! You can check out the official sign up post here if you’d like to join!
This will be my official book tracker and I have also put a Goodreads shelf of it as well. I’m aiming for the minimum which is the Philippine Tarsier. I do hope that I could get past 10 Asian books by this year but, it’s thesis year for me so fingers crossed!
Current Progress: 5/10
- Written and drawn by a Filipina!!!!!
- Explores the sexual taboos present in a strict, conservative, Catholic country. This is actually an educational and compelling graphic novel even if it’s just pretty short.
- Teenage Bruce Wayne having girl problems which propelled him to become Batman? Idk man, this wasn’t really a great read.
- I love Marie Lu’s writing style though!
- Memoirs of a Geisha meets a necromancer!
- Extravagant world building I’ll surely never forget.
- Clan wars. Jade powers. Street Politics. EAST ASIAN REFERENCES.
- Fast paced yet slow burn. WELL FCKING FLESHED OUT CHARACTERS. (LAAAAANNNN)
- This was utterly good and is definitely one of the best books I’ve read this year.
- See: FULL ASIAN ENSEMBLE.
- New Asian superheroes
- Asian illustrators
- Asian production team
- Asian author
- Need I say more??? Well yes. There’s a Filipina superhero named Wave!! Also more Asian food with the special participation of Spam. Yup.